Thursday, January 18, 2007

Worldviews - By KLaBs

I recently read an article in Times magazine about Intelligent Design v. Evolution. (If I knew how to link things I would make a link to the article because it's a quick and worthy read). The thing that stuck out to me most among other points is that intelligent designists hold to the belief that God and science can coexist where as, from the evolutionists perspective, a genuine belief in God compromises one's scientific researching and credibility and vice versa.... I have just deleted a paragraphs worth of rambling on this topic. I wont rewrite the article but try and stick to my reflections... What I found insightful was the difference in worldviews portrayed by the two men interviewed; one a Christian and the other an atheist. Concepts that made perfect sense to one could be considered senseless to the other based on their worldviews. Our eyes are connected to our brain and we make sense of what we see based on what we know. The same is true with our worldviews. We make sense of the world (and in this case our existence) based on what we believe about God (whether He exists or not). What I appreciated about this article was the insight it provided into the atheistic worldview. Though I am far from persuaded by the arguments presented, it has given me a better understanding of the worldview that informs the evolutionists theories.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger jul said...

It's easy to post links. When you're writing your entry, there's a little icon you can click on up by the icons you can click for bold or itallics ect... it's at the top left hand of the post. If you still can't figure it out, I'll show you next time you come over, just remind me. Good to see you writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home