Friday, October 05, 2007

Not Ashamed to Call Us Brothers

Steve and I have recently been meditating on what it means to be "in Christ". One "ID" passage that I came across today is in Hebrews where the author states "Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers"(2:11). Jesus is not ashamed to call us His brothers! This amazes me the more I try to wrap my mind around it. To make things harder on myself ;), I went to Col. 1:15-20 to more fully contemplate Who I am calling "Brother"....

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross."

Just soaking in one of these descriptions of Jesus leaves me in awe. And to think, that we can relate to Him as a brother. What He did for us in His death and resurrection carries that much power.
-So there you have it... A snip it into what's been swirling around in our brains lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home